Extreme hunger is tearing apart Venezuela. Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting sent a team there to document the conditions that sent a million people into the streets Thursday to protest President Nicolás Maduro.
Here’s Nathan Halverson’s report, which aired on PBS NewsHour:
Don't miss the next big story.
Brave investigations that change minds, laws and lives. Emailed directly to you.
Republish Our Stories×
Venezuelan life: Eating garbage. Waiting in lines. Sharing 1 egg a day
By Andrew Donohue Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting September 2, 2016
Thanks for your interest in republishing this story. As a nonprofit newsroom, we want to share our work with as many people as possible. You are free to embed our audio and video content from SoundCloud and YouTube, respectively. You may republish any written story tagged with this republication notice, free of charge as long as you follow these guidelines:
- You can edit our content only to reflect changes in time ("today" to "yesterday," for example) or to match your editorial style. We are not responsible for stories edited without our consent or any mistranslations.
- Include all of links when publishing online. Publish our author's name using the following format: By Will Evans, Reveal. The HTML code of our story includes our mandatory tracking tag. Please do not alter this code.
- If you are republishing our stories in print, please also include this language at the end of the story: "This story was produced by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting, a nonprofit news organization. Learn more at revealnews.org and subscribe to the Reveal podcast, produced with PRX, at revealnews.org/podcast."
- We do not compensate anyone who republishes our work, nor may you resell our stories.
- You can republish our photos and graphics as long as you're running them in or alongside the stories with which they originally appeared. If you want to run a photo or graphic apart from that story, you must seek permission so we can determine copyright by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or senior digital producer Sam Ward, email@example.com. Photos from sources such as The Associated Press, etc. are not included in this agreement.
- If you want to republish graphics or data, please contact Michael Corey, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we send you a request to remove the content from your site, you must do so immediately.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our content, please contact us at email@example.com. If you do republish our work, please let us know at that same email address.